Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Warning: May Be Offensive To Some.....

As many of you know, I will be getting married soon!
Our photographer, Jeff Turner, offers an engagement photo shoot....
aka "a get to know your photographer so you aren't so nervous on wedding day" photo shoot.
Jeff is fabulous! So accomodating! He is young and after having interviewed a few wedding photographers, we decided that his youth would work to our advantage. Many of the more "seasoned" photgraphers seemed bored, and a bit jaded. Jeff has fresh new ideas, and lots of energy!
Here are a just a few of the 158 proofs!! The photos were taken on our land in Putnam, CT.
It was a very cold day, and I had to wear a lace blouse.....LOL What WAS I thinking?
I now see that the bruise I received from walking straight into the edge of a door still showed! HA





There are so many decisions to be made, but it seems to be all coming together little by little.

Currently, I am working on our centerpieces. I would love to post a photo for you, but I want some surprises at the wedding, so I just can't! If you would like to see what we are working on, come on into the shop.....

I will tell you that our theme for the wedding is "Live ~ Love ~ Laugh"......and the venue will have a very rustic, natural element to it......

5 comments:

simple~needs said...

i think its great he takes engagement pics. what a wonderful idea!!
the last one is my favorite. :)

Liz said...

It was alot of fun....I love the last one too! I don't know how I am going to choose just one to have printed up.....Jeff really captured our happiness in a way that I never dreamed could be done through a photograph. Thanks for commenting!!

Anonymous said...

What great photos! Love your land. Best wishes to the happy couple!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you! What a beautiful couple. I especially like the last photo - it shows happiness. Best wishes. He is a great photographer to get such "you" pictures that tell a story. Nice place!
DJ - saw you in Dino's this week not finding what you wanted!

Liz said...

DJ...LOL I finally DID find what I wanted......sometimes I can't see a thing with my glasses on! I needed a chocolate cream pie for Bruce's Moms birthday!! It was sooooooo good!
Thanks for commenting!