Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Kids Say The Darndest Things!


A few weeks ago we were visited by the 3rd graders at a local elementary school when they had a field trip. The theme was "Hometown Tour", and they visited the police and fire station, the library, the town hall....and Brown & Hopkins!!!!!

The kids each received a little bag of candy, a wooden nickel valid for a free bag of candy when they visit us with a parent, and a post card of the store.

My sister is the art teacher at their school, and when they were told that her and I are sisters, one child innocently asked, "Are you twins????", which is quite amusing, since we look nothing alike and are over 10 years apart!!! I think he aksed that because if you close your eyes, and hear us speaking, we sound alike!!

Here are some excerpts from some of the thank you cards I received........

"You are very nice and your sister rocks! I want to own a candy store when I grow up!" Ethan

"It was very intresting that the shop was 201 years old. They must have yoused super strong wood when they built it." Logan

"Maby I will be a storekeeper like you someday." Julia

Well, I hope someone will want to be the next B & H shopkeeper, so I can retire someday!

No comments: