Friday, July 11, 2008

Mom's Apple Pie

My mom was known for cooking and baking lots of wonderful dishes, but best for her awesome apple pies. Here is a copy of the original recipe cards in her own handwriting. Her fruit pies were often requested for birthdays, in lieu of gifts! That is how good they were! I still have issues with rolling out dough.......

At Brown & Hopkins we are working on putting together a 200th Commemorative Cookbook in honor of Brown & Hopkins 200th Birthday, which we hope to have ready for Christmas 2008.

But we need your help!

We need your best, most often requested recipes! You may pick up an entry form at the store! Please feel free to enter up to 5 recipes! And make copies of the blank form for friends! We need lots of recipes! Be sure to note any special history or story that the recipe has and we will try to print that as well!

You may also email your recipes to shopkeeper@brownandhopkins.com

Be sure to include your name and phone number in the event we need to ask a question. Please proofread your recipe for any errors.

Deadline for recipes is September 28, 2008

4 comments:

Jacinda said...

Love the scanned recipe cards in Nanny's handwriting. I don't have this recipe, Ill have to try it! Celia's recipe box should be a regular feature here. : )

Pam B said...

...and now you've been nominated for an award!

Go to my blog and you will see the Blog Award in my sidebar that I am passing to you. Just copy the logo and display on your site and pass onto 7 more deserving bloggers. You must post their links on your blog if you pass the award to them.

Congratulations!

Pam

Debra said...

I have given your blog an award- just gp to my blog to pick it up!
www.pilgrimsandpioneers.blogspot.com

Tins and Treasures said...

My mom recently gave me my grandmother's recipe box. Looking at each card really brought back warm memories.