Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Pan Seared Scallops with Wasabi Ginger Sauce

I have been enjoying so much great seafood lately, and seeking new ways to prepare it. Last night I tried this delicious recipe......and it was a hit!

Pan Seared Scallops with Wasabi Ginger Sauce
Serves: 1

Ingredients
3- 5 large sea scallops, per person
Stonewall Kitchen Wasabi Ginger Sauce
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions Toss scallops with olive oil and place flat side down
in a heavy skillet or cast iron pan preheated to medium high. Once bottom side has browned turn over
and continue to cook until browned on other side and desired doneness is achieved.
Remove from pan and place scallops in a puddle of Stonewall Kitchen Wasabi Ginger Sauce and garnish plate with sprig of fresh chive or julienne of scallion. I have to admit, I had no sprig of chive, or julienne of scallion....so I improvised with steamed broccoli and brown rice.
It certainly filled us up more than a sprig of chive would have!


And I have to mention that Bruce is so patient......Now picture a hungry guy who had just finished cutting the lawn and walks into the dining room all ready to sit down for dinner...and I say, "Wait, I have to get a photo of the plate for the blog! No, that one was not good, I have to take another one." He just smiles and waits......just a little bit of drool was starting to show.

By the way, Dave's Marketplace in Smithfield has these enormous sea scallops on sale now, and they were so succulent. This is the perfect quick dinner for these hot humid days we have been having! Hurry in for a bottle of Stonewall Kitchens Wasabi Ginger Sauce....it'll bring out the gourmet cook in you!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Tins and Treasures said...

I absolutely love scallops...not something we get very often! These look amazing!
Natalie
tinsandtreasures