Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Delicious Baking Error!


So last night I wanted to try making the baked apples
with the Cinnamon Roll Walnut Jam......BUT,
I left them in the oven too long and almost ended up with applesauce.
Oh, but it smelled too good to toss out!
What could I do?
I was opening cupboards, left and right, looking for something,
anything to pair my mistake with...and then it came to me!
I had a small piece of plain cheesecake leftover from the night before!
I topped that cheesecake with my
Apple Cinnamon Roll Walnut Compote
and away to the couch I went! YUMMO!
Try it!
All I did was line an 8" square baking pan with tin foil for easy clean up!
Fill with peeled and halved Granny Smith Apples (I used 2 apples).
I melted 1 Tbsp. of butter and drizzled it over the top.
Then I heated up 1/3 cup of the Cinnamon Roll Walnut Jam
and spooned it over the apples.
I baked them at 350 degrees for longer
than I should have (about 30 to 40 minutes or so), until they were very soft!

(Sorry, no photos, but it disappeared too quickly!)
It would have been great on ice cream, but my ice cream had frostbite....as it always does! Does anyone else have that problem? I always buy ice cream, and then I never end up eating it for 2 months, until one day when I have a craving for it, and it's no longer edible!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It happens to my ice cream all the time!! I'll be by this weekend to pick up some of that cinnamon jam!!!!!!!!! You make it sound soooooo goooood!


Muriel

Liz said...

We'll see you soon!