Friday, December 12, 2008

Straight to the Top!

Maybe this was bold of me, and maybe it wasn't bold enough.....
but I emailed off a letter to The Today Show this morning!
Here is a copy.....no fluff, just laying it on the line.....
Hello Today Show!
My name is Liz and I am the shopkeeper for Brown & Hopkins Country Store in Chepachet, RI.The store will be celebrating its 200th year in continuous operation in 2009!!! Yes, that is correct, Brown & Hopkins has been open since 1809! And despite the economic crisis, this store is not only surviving, some days it is thriving! And I bet you haven't ever been to Chepachet, RI, have you????? Geez, half of the Rhode Islanders have never been to Chepachet!!
Anyway, just wondering if Al or Matt or Meredith could come by and check it out!
Afterall, it's not everyday you turn 200 years old!!
I hope to hear from you......the publicity would be well deserved..... and then maybe we could afford to give the old lady a paint job and a new roof..... : )
Thank you for your time.
Liz McIntyre
Wouldn't it be so cool if Al did his weather report from Chepachet?????
Maybe we have a snowballs chance in
H ~ E Double Hockey Sticks
of that happening, but it never hurts to ask.....
Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Christina said...

That's such a great idea. I absolutely love your store, it deserves the publicity!

Kandas | GratitudeGeek said...

That was a great letter! I can't imagine a more worthy story to be on the Today Show! 200 years is something to be proud of!